Undergraduate Reading Lists
Page last updated 22 August 2023 (French added)
Please download the reading list for your subject using the links below. If you are reading for a joint school please ensure you download the list for each subject in the school. Please note that reading lists are not intended for exhaustive study but rather, in your own interests, to improve your background knowledge of the field you propose to pursue at Oxford.
If there is no document currently showing for your subject, please check back periodically to see if it has been added.
- Archaeology and Anthropology
- Biology [NB please note response required]
- Chemistry: Letter; Assumed Knowledge; Study Skills
- Earth Sciences
- Engineering: information will be sent directly to Freshers by a tutor
- French: Letter; Prelims handbook (last year's)
- Geography: information will be sent directly to Freshers by a tutor (TBC)
- History: information has been sent directly to Freshers by a tutor [NB please note response required]
- History of Art
- Italian: Reading advice; Reading list
- Law: Letter; Survival kit; Induction pack; Lamond article; Chapter 1; Chapter 3; Chapter 5; Chapter 7
- Management: information will be sent directly to Freshers by a tutor (TBC)
- Modern Greek
- Physics: Freshers' Guide; Induction programme; Maths & Mechanics work; PJCC Freshers' Guide
- Spanish: information will be sent directly to Freshers by a tutor
- Theology and Religion
Welcome to our 2023 freshers! Click here to review important information for new students.