St Peter’s is an intimate place fizzing with energy and creativity. We believe in academic excellence, and the college exists to provide the teaching, the facilities and the atmosphere to help everyone fulfil their potential.
Why choose St Peter’s?
- We pride ourselves on being a diverse, tolerant and open community. We admit about a hundred undergraduates each year, about ninety to a hundred postgraduates, and about twenty visiting students who spend their Junior Year Abroad with us, making a student body of over 550.
- We welcome applications from suitably qualified applicants from all over the world.
- We only admit those academically able applicants with the most potential to excel.
- We have excellent tutors, and offer a wide range of Oxford's courses. The tutorial teaching system allows our students and tutors to work closely together.
- We have a very central location, minutes from most departments, libraries, shops, social facilities and the railway station.
- We offer a wide range of non-academic activities. We have an active Junior Common Room, a student-run bar, an excellent choir, and frequent visiting speakers.
- We were founded to offer an Oxford education to students of limited financial means. We offer access to extensive welfare and financial support, including a range of grants, and we have an active outreach programme.