Your battels account records all the financial transactions between you and the college.
Battels (bills) are due by Friday of week 2 every term (unless stated otherwise). You will receive battels by email and will be sent a reminder email closer to the due date.
If for any reason you cannot pay your battels you must contact the Student Finance Officer.
If you are in college-provided accommodation, the college will charge interest on the amount outstanding if the rent has not been paid within 14 days of the payment date. Interest will be charged at 3% per annum above the base rate of the Bank of England in line with clause 1.11 in your tenancy agreement. Once the debt is overdue by 21 days or more the college may terminate the tenancy in line with clause 4.2 of your tenancy agreement.
Charges on battels include:
- Charges for accommodation in college rooms
- Single charge for meals during Freshers’ Week: £80 (Michaelmas term, for new undergraduates only)
- Returnable deposits for keys (Michaelmas term only)
- JCR membership levy (Undergraduates only).
- Library fines (billed in arrears)
- Other expenses e.g. printing charges (billed in arrears).
Those who pay for their Course fees will also have this charge added to battels. Tuition and College fees for the full academic year are due by Friday of week 2 of Michaelmas term.
Payments to the college should preferably be made by bank transfer. All payments made should include your 5 letter account code which is shown on your invoice.
You can pay us by bank transfer using the following details:
- Bank: HSBC
- Branch: 65 Cornmarket Street, Oxford, OX1 3HY
- Account number: 50724823
- Sort code: 40-35-34
- Account name: St Peter's College
Additional information that may be needed for international payments:
- IBAN number: GB18HBUK40353450724823
- BIC number: HBUKGB4108P
International Bank Transfer
We have partnered with foreign exchange company Transfermate to allow international students to make payments by sending us secure bank transfers in their own local currency. Please note:
- The exchange rate should be very competitive, but we strongly recommend you compare the rate quoted with other providers.
- Please use your student account number, which can be found on your battels invoice, as the reference for your payment.
Transfermate Application Process
- Visit the St Peter's site on the Transfermate website, and complete and submit the application form.
- Transfermate will provide you with an instant quotation for your payment in your local currency. This quotation is guaranteed for 48 hours only.
- Once you agree to the offer, you should then instruct your bank to transfer funds in your local currency to Transfermate. This bank instruction can be done electronically, while you are on the Transfermate site.
- Transfermate will then forward a payment in UK Sterling to us and send you a receipt as proof of payment.