Undergraduate Reading Lists
These pre-course reading lists are intended for those undergraduate freshers joining St Peter's in October 2020.
Please download the reading list for your subject using the links below. If you are reading for a joint school please ensure you download the list for each subject in the school. Please note that reading lists are not intended for exhaustive study but rather, in your own interests, to improve your background knowledge of the field you propose to pursue at Oxford.
- Archaeology and Anthropology
- Biological Sciences
- Biochemistry: Letter; Reading List (coming soon)
- Chemistry: Letter; Tutorial 1; Thermodynamics I; Assumed Knowledge; Study Skills
- Earth Sciences (coming soon)
- Economics: Math Pre-Course Letter, Maths Workbook
- Engineering: There is no reading list for Engineering. Prof Thomas Adcock will be in contact with Engineering students to provide them with "revision" work.
- French: Letter; Handbook; Reading List
- Geography: the tutor will contact students directly with a reading list
- History: the tutor will contact students directly with a reading list
- History of Art (coming soon)
- Italian (coming soon)
- Law: Letter; Survival Kit; Induction Course Pack; Sample Problem Question; Sample Essay; Sample Article
- Physics: Freshers' Guide (Physics); Computing; Maths and Mechanics; Freshers' Guide (Physics and Philosophy)
- Politics (coming soon)
- Spanish: the tutor will contact students directly with a reading list
- Theology and Religion