Undergraduate Reading Lists
These pre-course reading lists are intended for undergraduate freshers joining St Peter's in October 2021.
Page last updated 13 August 2021 (Politics reading list added 10 August, Management reading list added 11 August, French materials added 13 August)
Please download the reading list for your subject using the links below. If you are reading for a joint school please ensure you download the list for each subject in the school. Please note that reading lists are not intended for exhaustive study but rather, in your own interests, to improve your background knowledge of the field you propose to pursue at Oxford.
- Archaeology and Anthropology
- Biology - please note a response is required as soon as possible
- Biochemistry: Letter; Reading List
- Chemistry: Letter; Tutorial 1; Thermodynamics I; Assumed Knowledge; Study Skills
- Earth Sciences
- Economics: Math Pre-Course Letter and Reading List, Maths Workbook
- Engineering: There is no reading list for Engineering. Prof Thomas Adcock will be in contact with Engineering students to provide them with "revision" work.
- French: Letter; Handbook;
- Geography: a tutor will contact students directly with a reading list
- History - please note a response about paper choices is required by 20 August 2021
- History of Art
- Law: Letter; Survival Kit; Induction Course Pack; Sample Problem Question; Sample Essay; Sample Article
- Physics: Freshers' Guide (Physics); Computing; Maths and Mechanics; Freshers' Guide (Physics and Philosophy) [2021 not available yet, these are 2020 documents]
- Spanish: a tutor will contact students directly with a reading list
- Theology and Religion