Information for New Students
This section of our website provides information for students who are joining St Peter's in October 2018, as well as various forms that will need to be completed and returned to the college.
This page contains information that is relevant to all students, followed by separate pages for Undergraduate Students, Graduate Students, and Visiting Students. Some items are not yet available, but the information is being continually updated, so do check back regularly.
If you have any problems accessing the information on this page please contact Martin Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will be able to supply emailed or hard copy.
Freshers' week commences on Monday 1 October 2018, and all new students should aim to arrive by 5.00pm on Sunday 30 September (Graduate students should check information from their department or faculty, who may wish them to arrive earlier).
- Student Administrative Handbook
- IT Quickstart Guide
- Disability Advisory Service - Freshers Information
- Finance - please contact our Student Finance Officer if you have any enquiries about student finance
- Guide on how to open a UK bank account: Oxford bank guide for European and International students.
- Maps of Oxford and St Peter's
- University of Oxford Orientation Programme for International Students. Please do not book a place on this programme until you have received written confirmation that you have met all the conditions of your offer, and your place is confirmed.
- Computing Services: in advance of arriving you will be sent your Oxford Single Sign-on account activation details to enable you to access central student IT services. You will normally receive this information by email, to the email address that you have supplied during the admissions process. A few days after you have signed and returned your University Card Form, you will receive a further email, telling you about your Oxford email account. On-line Student Registration will open on 1 September. There is further information on the University website and in the JCR Freshers' Guide.
All students should complete our online student record form at https://submit.ox.ac.uk
The data in this form will be used to ensure that your first few days in college are as smooth as possible. Please note, you will be asked to submit an electronic photograph of yourself.
St Peter’s has arranged some contents insurance for you with Endsleigh, the No. 1 student insurance provider.
This cover does not protect laptops and phones or other items when you are outside your room, or all risks inside your room. It is important for you to check this cover, so please follow the steps below to ensure you fully understand the protection provided.
Enter in your policy number HH1071 on the Endsleigh Cover Check website to check your policy details.
Visit the review cover link to:
- Check what is covered.
- Check key exclusions and limitations.
- Check your policy excess.
- Check how to make a claim.
- Extend and personalise your cover to protect laptops, phones and other valuables.
It is important to find out exactly what you are covered for, as you may find that the contents cover is not sufficient and you need to extend it to protect all of your possessions both inside and outside of your room.
You can download an insurance certificate here.