Information New Students

Information for New Students

This section of our website provides information for students who are joining St Peter's in October 2019, as well as various forms that will need to be completed and returned to the college.

This page contains information that is relevant to all students, followed by separate pages for Undergraduate Students, Graduate Students, and Visiting Students. Some items are not yet available, but the information is being continually updated, so do check back regularly.

If you have any problems accessing the information on this page please contact Martin Brown ( and we will be able to supply emailed or hard copy.

All Students

Freshers' week commences on Monday 7 October 2019, and all new students should aim to arrive by 5.00pm on Sunday 6 October (Graduate students should check information from their department or faculty, who may wish them to arrive earlier).

All students are required to register with a doctor in Oxford. We recommend that you register with the practice of Dr Leaver & Partners, who are the College Doctors for St Peter’s students. To register, go to Campus Doctor and follow the instructions.

All students should complete our online student record form at

The data in this form will be used to ensure that your first few days in college are as smooth as possible. Please note, you will be asked to submit an electronic photograph of yourself.

Students living in college managed accommodation are automatically covered by a Room Contents group insurance scheme provided by Endsleigh Insurance. The annual premium is paid by the college.  

The main items covered are (subject to an excess payment): 

  • Personal possessions in your room up to £7,000 against theft, fire and flood
  • Computer Equipment (e.g Desktops and Laptops) in your room up to £2,000
  • Musical Instruments up to £600 in your room
  • Visual & audio equipment such as televisions and CD or DVD players up to £1,000 in your room
  • Mobile phones (forced entry only) up to £1,000 in your room 
  • Bike theft from College or University premises where the bike has been stored securely up to £250

Restrictions, limits and conditions apply. Please note in particular that with the exception of bikes (see above) the policy does not cover any items outside your room e.g. laptop computers taken to University departments and libraries. However it is possible to extend the cover to include these and other items on payment of the appropriate additional premium. 

Please ensure you are familiar with the full details of the policy, which are available on the Endsleigh website at, the college’s Policy number is HH1071. 

The above group insurance scheme does not cover students living in private accommodation, who are therefore strongly advised to arrange their own cover.

You can download an insurance certificate here.