- Undergraduate Study+
- Postgraduate Study+
- Visiting Students+
- Information for New Students+
- Archaeology and Anthropology
- Biological Sciences
- Earth Sciences (Geology)
- Engineering Science
- English and Modern Languages
- History and Economics
- History and Modern Languages
- History of Art
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Philosophy Politics & Economics (PPE)
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy and Theology
- Physics and Philosophy
- Theology and Oriental Studies
- Course List
- Open and Study Days
- Financial Support
- Term Dates
- Schools Liaison
- UG Admissions 2017+
The Varsity Match 2016
The Varsity Match 2016
Thu, 8 Dec 2016
The 135th Varsity Match and the 30th Women’s Varsity Match will take place on Thursday 8th December 2016, kicking off at 2:30pm and 11:30am respectively, at Twickenham Stadium – the home of England rugby.
The Men’s Varsity Match has been played on the famous turf since 1921 and Oxford are on a record-breaking winning streak, looking to secure their seventh consecutive victory this year.
The Women’s Varsity Match joined the fixture at Twickenham in 2015 and the Oxford women are looking to reclaim the trophy from Cambridge after last year’s heavy defeat. The historic fixture draws crowds of over 25,000 people including students, school groups, alumni, corporate groups, and former Blues, and was watched on BBC2 by over 500,000 people domestically, making it the most watched club fixture of 2015.
The Blues Village package
A dedicated university and college meeting point, the Blues Village is the ideal reunion venue for Oxford and Cambridge alumni, family and friends, and former Blues. Located within the stadium concourse and a few minutes walk away from your Category 1 seats in the West Stand, the Blues Village offers big screen TVs, multiple private bars, food concessions, appearances from famous Old Blues, and the ideal setting for reuniting with old friends at the home of England rugby.
Secure your Blues Village ticket and enjoy the following benefits:
- Top class seats in the West Stand for the Women’s Varsity Match and Men’s Varsity Match.
- Access to the Blues Village from 11:00am to 7:00pm.
- Dedicated bars and food concession areas.
- Guest speaker programme with famous Old Blues.
- £36 per person when purchased through your college development office (includes match ticket and Blues Village pass)
- Blues Village pass only: £5
- Car parking: £30 per car (subject to availability)
To book tickets please contact Olga Batty on email@example.com or +44 0(1)865 614985 by 12 November 2016.