COVID-19 outbreak School Support
Our thoughts are with all students and teachers during this extremely challenging time. We sincerely hope that everyone is staying well, while finding ways of adjusting and responding to the changed situation.
To support teachers and students over the coming months, we’ll be collating and sharing information, resources and links that could be used to supplement teaching and learning.
For any questions at all, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
As we won’t be able to visit our contact schools during the closure period, we want to ensure that any students considering applying to Oxford can access the information, advice and guidance that they need. Keep an eye out here for things as they get added.
- Considering applying to Oxford? If you want to know more about the application process, choosing your subject, finances, and student life, this Oxford Explained video makes key points that would be covered in a Year 12 school talk.
- Access Fellow at Jesus College Dr. Matt Williams offers his tips on the Admissions Tests in general and some specific thoughts on the Thinking Skills Assessment.
- Because the 2020 St Peter’s College English Residential wasn’t able to take place, we’ve put together a short presentation about studying at the College, and an overview of the process for applying for English at Oxford.
- Suggested reading and resources by subject gives you ideas and information from the University of Oxford to help you think widely around your chosen subject area.
- In many subjects, additional reading guides are available. Please email email@example.com and we can email the relevant ones across to you.
- Staircase 12 is an online hub of resources and information put together by our colleagues at University College for students thinking about applying to top universities. Great ideas here for stretching yourself beyond the school syllabus.
- Wider reading by grouped subject areas is available here, curated by our colleagues at Worcester College.
- Examples of academic lectures are available on Youtube for some subjects, such as Mathematics, and on some cross-curricular topics, like the future of the planet Earth.
Click on the relevant subject below
- Biological Sciences
- Earth Sciences (Geology)
- Economics and Management
- Engineering Science
- History of Art
- Modern Languages
- Oriental Studies
- Theology and Religion
- Inspire Digital is an online resource platform for secondary school pupils, with new material, hints and solutions to the questions posted on a regular basis
- Oxplore is a digital outreach portal from the University of Oxford, with debates and ideas that go beyond what is covered in the school classroom. ‘Big questions’ tackle complex ideas across a range of subjects and draw on the latest research at Oxford.
- If you want to stretch yourself while having some fun, check out the quizzes, videos and activities on Oxplore.
- You’ll find lots of fascinating science and maths-based activities on Oxford Sparks. From designing the ultimate paper aeroplane to teaching a computer to doodle, each activity comes with a list of items needed, talking points, and further resources.