- Undergraduate Study+
- Postgraduate Study+
- Visiting Students+
- Information for New Students+
- Archaeology and Anthropology
- Biological Sciences
- Earth Sciences (Geology)
- Engineering Science
- English and Modern Languages
- History and Economics
- History and Modern Languages
- History of Art
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Philosophy Politics & Economics (PPE)
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy and Theology
- Physics and Philosophy
- Theology and Oriental Studies
- Course List
- Open and Study Days
- Schools Liaison
- Financial Support
- Term Dates
- UG Admissions 2016+
My name is Marianne Talbot and I am the Project Administrator for the St Peter's Foundation Schools Ambassador Project. I was appointed in March 2017, having previously worked elsewhere in the University, in Undergraduate Admissions & Outreach and the International Strategy Unit.
For many years, I worked in the education arm of the civil service, before taking a year out to travel the world with my family, and I have been engaged in a variety of projects since returning to the UK in summer 2012:
- I worked for the Chief Executive’s office at UCAS
- I wrote chapters of EngineeringUK’s Annual Report for 2016
- I have trained 'A' Level, GCSE and International Baccalaureate staff and examiners
- I worked with Oxford Brookes University to help set up the latest phase of the national collaborative outreach programme, which aims to support the most disadvantaged young people in England to progress into higher education
- I am developing online resources for the Chartered Institute of Educational Assessors.
- I am currently undertaking an MA in Creative Writing at Manchester Metropolitan University, have a Post Graduate Certificate from the University of Warwick, and did my first degree at the University of Birmingham, where I read Geology.
What I do
I am working with a small number of schools that have had limited success with applications to Oxford, to support and encourage applications from potential candidates for admission irrespective of background. Academics from the college will mentor teachers from the schools, to enhance their understanding of the admissions process and to deepen their knowledge of a specific area of academic interest.
Please see project blogs for the latest updates, or contact me directly for more information.