Liverpool

LiverpoolSPC Choir outside Liverpool Cathedral

St Peter’s College and Liverpool Anglican Cathedral were both founded by Bishop Francis James Chavasse (1846 -1928), second Bishop of Liverpool and one of the most eminent ecclesiastical figures of his day.

There is a well-established and much valued link between College and Cathedral, involving exchange visits between Oxford and Liverpool and successful collaborations between the two choirs. During its annual residency at the Cathedral, the College Choir sings services in both the Lady Chapel and the Main Space, and also joins forces with the Cathedral Choir.

The most memorable event of the residency in recent years was the concert ‘Two Cities, One Voice’ in which Cathedral and College joined forces in a Charity Concert to raise funds for the Liverpool Cathedral Foundation.